Hope for the Inner City is a Christian organization which partners with local churches and other like-minded organizations to bring hope and community development to targeted communities by offering Christ-centered programs and services to meet the physical, spiritual, and social development needs of individuals and families.
We envision Chattanooga’s urban scene transformed by the life and love of Jesus Christ:
- A revitalized place where chronic homelessness gives way to permanent housing.
- A re-energized place where poverty gives way to prosperity.
- A reconciled place where broken families learn to live in harmony with each other.
- A restored place where dilapidated properties turn into friendly streets.
- A redeemed place where violent gang members re-emerge as productive citizens.
We also envision suburban Christians compelled by the gospel of Christ to form deep friendships with their inner-city neighbors. “All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation” (2 Corinthians 5:18).